Monday 15 August 2011

Eleanor of Aquitaine

I finished the sketch for this drawing already a while ago and somehow avoided it then for a long time. Eleanor is quite demanding and I feared my work could possibly not be good enough.
I drew her yesterday and the day before yesterday and have to admit that I am quite pleased, I just have to take a better photo of it.

Eleanor of Aquitaine

Faber-Castell Watercolour-Pencils “Albrecht Dürer”
24×32 cm watercolour paper (260g/m² )
Eleanor of Aquitaine (in French: Aliénor d’Aquitaine, Éléonore de Guyenne)
(1124 – 1 April 1204)
This most remarkable woman was Duchess of Aquitaine in her own right, queen consort of France (1137–1152) and of England (1154–1189).
She was the mother of Marie, Countess of Champagne, Alix, Countess of Blois, William IX, Count of Poitiers, Henry the Young King, Matilda, Duchess of Saxony, Richard I of England, Geoffrey II, Duke of Brittany, Eleanor, Queen of Castile, Joan, Queen of Sicily and John of England.

No comments:

Post a Comment