Sunday 22 May 2011

Arianrhod - Goddess of the Moon

A few days before this drawing was started I made a meditation at full moon and found me sitting at a well full of moon light and liquid and accompanied by a female presence ... a dark haired woman, beautiful and what I could say - unknown to me so far. She did wear rather dark clothes and a cloak, not hooded but she had extremely dark hair.

I didn't know her but I always had a name in my mind: Arianrhod.

Of course, I did hear about her before but never felt the urge to talk to her or even to work with her. I am more drawn to Cerridwen and Hekate than any other goddesses. So I was a bit surprised.

A couple of days later I was searching for a reference to start a new drawing - I had a dryad in my mind and suddenly ended with a picture in my head of her. It was so clear and strict - that I couldn't do anything else than draw her.

So I ended up drawing her with a bit of difficulties as I thought I did ruin it when I becoming desperate concerning the background. The energies I felt while drawing the picture were so clear and full of challenge, deep wisdom and very female - I tried, as always, to bring that message onto paper and to hold the energies firmly in it.

I am very thankful that I was allowed to make this drawing.

Here we go - Arianrhod, the Goddess of the Moon:

Arianrhod




Faber-Castell Watercolour-Pencils “Albrecht Dürer...”, acrylics and glitter glue
watercolour paper 300g/m²

No comments:

Post a Comment