Tuesday 16 August 2011

Saint Hildegard of Bingen

Today I have finished a new version of my Hildegard of Bingen drawing I did in 2010 with watercolour pencils. I liked part of it but was never really happy as I wanted to transport more into the here than I could - I didn't know how to ... 

Some months ago I had a vision of a new drawing - better said an alteration to the existing one. Notes were part of it ... now I am experimenting with Corel Painter 12 (trial version) at the moment and could finally realize my vision & here we are:

Hildegard of Bingen
Hildegard of Bingen (1098 – 17 September 1179), also known as Blessed Hildegard, Saint Hildegard, and Sybil of the Rhine, was a German abbess, author, counselor, linguist, naturalist, scientist, philosopher, physician, herbalist, poet, channeller, visionary, composer, and polymath.


4 comments:

  1. Lindo trabalho. Nos transmite paz e harmonia, doçura e encanto .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the comment. I am happy that you see and feel all that & that you like her.
    x Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  3. But the notes should be square and only 4 lines on the staff, not five.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is how it was ... but not how I did paint it ;)
    and as it is my painting - there is just the "should be" what I would want to paint and what is revealed to me.

    I would have loved to know who is posting that.
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete